There Is Possibility Of Beta-Caryophyllene Terpene To Have Equal Potential As CBD
If you are someone who has done your personal research online about CBD, it’s likely you have heard about terpenes which are generally present in CBD products. Terpenes are a diverse class of organic compounds commonly found in plants. They stand out due to their distinct aromas. They are also efficient in treating many ailments just like cannabinoids.
Introduction to Beta-caryophyllene:
Beta-caryophyllene (BCP) is one among the 200 terpenes identified in cannabis. It accounts for the spicy taste of black pepper and woodsy fragrance of plants. It works with other cannabinoids and results in an entourage effect and yields health benefits. Purchase beta caryophyllene tincture from FluxxLab to treat ailments including pain, anxiety and depression.
How does Beta-caryophyllene work?
It works similar to cannabinoids. CB1 and CB2 receptors are present in our body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS). The ECS is responsible for regulating many bodily functions like mood, sleep, appetite etc. BCP binds with CB2 receptors and thereby yields therapeutic benefits for a range of conditions.
There are more researches underway to unravel the benefits of Beta-caryophyllene. The findings until now highlight BCP’s ability to treat inflammation, oxidative stress, steatosis, anxiety, depression disorders and cut down alcohol intake.
Benefits of Beta-caryophyllene:
- Anti-inflammatory: BCS reduces inflammation in brain and cuts down chemical levels that cause oxidative stress. When administered after an episode of brain stroke, BCS controls brain swelling and reduces the impact of stroke.
- Antibacterial and antimicrobial: Say good bye to dog breath which is caused by bacterial plaque buildup in the teeth. BCS also helps to reduce microorganisms like pneumonia, E.coli, streptococcus which causes many infections.
- Mood enhancer: Researches done on mice revealed reduced anxiety, compulsive activity and depression was noticed after administering BCS. When more thorough researches are done on human, BCS could possibly be used as a natural antidepressant.
- Prevents osteoporosis: Good levels of Vitamin D and calcium keeps osteoporosis at bay. It is possible that BCS could increase the mineralization of stronger bones and prevent reduced bone density.
- Pain relief: BCP could possibly be used as a local anesthetic and applied topically using creams/ ointments at the site of pain. It could also help with nervous system related pain.
- Could extend life span: Research done on worms highlighted that BCP increased the lifespan of worms by 22% since it maintains cellular homeostasis, reduces radical levels, and modulates feeding behavior.
Though there isn’t availability of extensive researches on BCP yet, it has high potential to treat many health conditions. Coupling BCP with CBDa could turn out be the future miracle drug.